eczema and immune system

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

eczema and immune system

I've read that eczema is some kind of disruption in the immune system and there are many treatments that reduce the immune system to get rid of the eczema. Does that mean that taking echinecha and other tablets that strengthen the immune system is bad for eczema?
Hmmmm I wonder? I never heard that before. I have had eczema my whole life, have been told a number of things to do, but no matter what it always comes back. I would like to know if there are any creams out there that are safe to use while pregnant, that reduce the itch, the burn, and the rash. I mean this **** is ridiculous. No lemons, or anything citrus, cut out hot baths. I mean its crazy someone help please.
Pick up a book about probiotics.
It's not a good or bad immune system it's just reacting to the wrong things. Prebiotics and probiotics can help immensely. For some it eliminates it. For me, it did. I can't eat any carbs or sugar. But NO Eczema.  Fruit veges and water.  Not all fruits some citrus are bad some are good. also look up PH balance foods.
Wow I have been told mine is eczema but not one doctor has mentioned food playing a part in this! how did you figure out what to avoid?
The doctors will tell you that food doesn't play a part. But people with eczema will tell you different. Nothing will make it go away. But a lot of things help. I like spicy food. I found that every time I ate it my eczema got worse. Sugar and chemicals did the same. So I started reading a variety of information. I found a lot of people that were able to at least  alleviate symptoms or in some cases make it go away. Everyone is different so you will need to experiment. I started by eating only fruit and vegetables. Then I realized that oranges seemed to cause it. I know it's not an allergy it's more of a digestive problem. Certain acids seem to cause it. Vegetables never do. But a lot of things don't bother me that seem to bother other people. Heat, sweat, cold and humidity never affect me. If I apply certain moisturizers it will burn in seconds.
I think the key is learning what not to use, more than what to use.
I know that if I drink a soda my skin will burn within an hour. Refined sugar seems to be worse than anything. While peanuts are typically a cause, they don't bother me.
Try to eat only fruit and salads for at least three weeks. Take a good multi and some probiotics, like natural yogurt.