eczema pain

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

eczema pain

Are there any new developments with eczema treatment.  My daughter is 9, has been suffering from severe eczema since she was 2 and for the first time has been screaming in pain daily.  I have been giving her children's tylenol and motrin to combat the pain.  I am now giving her zinc tablets daily, due to the fact that nothing is healing her skin.  She has some fairly deep wounds and seems to be running a low temp.  I don't know where the pain is coming from.  We are getting very little sleep, as she wakes about every 3 hours. I have tried Kflex antibiotic, bactroban, triamcinilon, etc., all of which offer no relief.  She was also put on Allegra a week ago, which has not kept down the severe itching, nor has benedryl.  I just need some help.  Doctors don't want to give her shots.  They say she could get worse from the shots.  I sometimes wonder if they say this to make money by keeping her eczema in the state it is in.  I know she is severely allergic to cats and grasses.  I do not want to put her back on prednisone, which just makes a mess of things.  I have had eczema my whole life and always heal within 2-3 days.  She does not. ECZEMA
Hi! I'm 43 years old and live in Paraguay, South America. Since I can remember, every time it gets cold in Paraguay, during winter time (june-july), the first time cold weather arrives, my hands start peeling its skin off. It begins by the fingertips and goes down to the whole hand. It lasts for about 6 weeks, untill the whole hand loses the whole skin. It hurts a lot. The "new skin" gets very sensitive and even cracked if I don't use some hydrating creams or lotions. For years I've been visiting Doctors, and each one of them always gave me creams and lotions, but none of them healed the disease. It comes every year again, during the same period I mentioned above. I don't like to touch cold water during the process and every time I wash my hands I have to put cream on my hands, since the skin gets dryer every time I do it. My desperate question is: Is there a medication that makes the disease dissappear? Can someone give me a permanent solution on this? Please help me! I will try to put some pictures in this forum to show my actual hands. Thanks in advance for answer that can help me.