elbow itchy dry white bumps appeared today
About an hour ago, my left elbow started itching a lot and when I felt it, it wasn't smooth and felt rough.  The more I scratched, the bumps raised higher.  It looks like the skin is dry and the bumps seemed to be meshed together and are white and raised.  When I was a teenager, I used to get this on both elbows and so did my sister.  It disappeared after several years in my teen years and now this evening I have the same symptoms (after 25 years).  What is this and how should I treat it to get rid of it for good?  Sometimes my scalp is itchy and at that time, it has some bumps that feel like pimples.  I also sometimes get a rash on my buttocks, although the elbow symptoms are different than the scalp and buttocks.
One of the possibilities for your symptoms is dyshidrotic eczema. Wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone as dermacort), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist. Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. If still the symptoms do not improve then please get a clinical examination done by a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.