Dermatology Expert Forum
enlarged clogged pores

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

enlarged clogged pores

What causes the conditions under which pores become clogged with either bacteria, keratin or sebaceous material. What can be done to prevent clogging and to clear up a deeply "pitted" complexion.
Sandy:

Pores are normal, but people hate them.  They fill with sebacous material which is also normal, but people hate it.

To keep pores looking cleaner and more refined, you can consider facials, exfoliants, light chemical peels, and microdermabrasion, which is basically a superficial and nontraumatic peel.  And, of course, makeup.

Best.

Dr. R
The surface of my skin is deeply pitted in places, especially  on my cheeks sometimes it seems to get worse othertimes it's not  so obvious. There must be something that contributes to it; hormones, diet, heredity.  Pores are normal, large gaping holes aren't. Is there anyone out there who understands what I mean??
I am a 38 year old female.  I have a problem with acne.  It is not severe, but it is bothersome.  I don't wear base make up.  I usually only wear eye make up and maybe a little blush.  Is there any medication that I can take that will help this?  I've tried all of the soaps, creams, retinol, etc.  The topical creams just burn or itch my skin and irritate it.  I would like some info on some type of pill that I could take that could help this.  I have no allergies, so I am able to take just about anything.  Any ideas?

Thank you for your help!
Yeah I have what I like to refer to as large pores however mine appear on places other then my face. At this very moment I'm dealing with a enlarged pore on my back that is swolen and painful can anyone give me some advice on a home healing potion
Use the Clinique Antibacterial Acne regimen for your problem acne!!!!  It's the first thing that has ever worked for me!
I have had a problem with adult acne, and I foud that taking zinc tablets, cod liver oil and acidophilos (live bacteria) removed the problem pretty much altogether. I can't find any help with the large pore thing at all. I did read that it's an idea to clarify and not moisturise the area (cheeks in my case) I'm trying this but as yet can't seem to detect any difference.
I know that acne is a hard thing to deal with but,it is not impossible to deal with.I think the best thing you can do to help acne especially if you have large pores is to use anti-bacterial soap and also use a morning cream and a night cream,that will pretty much decrease the effectiveness of acne,besides I have a problem more serious than the average acne sufferer,not only do I have clogged and enlarged pores but,I have for some reason an unusual smell that any doctor could seem to get rid of,can you imagine what it's like not being able to date because your face smells unusual.

write back

write back