eosinophil
What does this mean? I was initially diagnosed with Pityriosis Rosea and later when it came back again after 7 weeks, the dermatologist did a skin biopsy. I just called for results. They were looking for PLC, but I guess it was negative for it. The nurse said the doctor will talk to me when I go in for my follow up appointment. He said it may be drug induced since there was eosinophil found in my biopsy. I told the nurse I don't take any drugs/medications ie. and he asked what about vitamins. I told him no vitamins either. Would someone please help me what all this means? Lymphoma other diseases? :(

Eosinophils are a type of white blood cell. Usually, the normal eosinophil count is less than 350 cells per microliter of blood. They  are usually associated with allergic diseases and certain infections. A high eosinophil count could indicate any of the following: eczema, leukemia, autoimmune diseases, asthma, allergic rhinitis, parasitic infestations or side effect of drugs.

Treatment of a high eosinophil count will depend on the underlying cause. It is important to see your doctor for further evaluation and to rule out other causes.

Take care and keep us posted.
Dr. Santos, I had blood work cbc done back on July 24th and my skin biopsy was done on September 5th. I checked the levels of eosinophils in my blood work and it was 0 back in 2003 and now it is 1. It says normal range is 0 - 5.
I don't take any medications, even if I have pain I don't take pain killers. I also don't take any vitamins.
Dr. Santos,

My sister (26 yrs old)  has a high eosinophil count.  She also has been having severe allergic reactions the last 6 months or so.  Also, a dental xray showed a black spot on the maxilla which initially they thought was a dead nerve.  They did a root canal but everything was fine.  She went in because she was having some pain in the tooth.  Her doctor mentioned that it could be a blood disorder but he doesn't know about the black spot on the xray yet.  Could this huge (size of quarter on xray taken 3 different times) black spot be causing these problems.  The only past xray they had of that area was in 2001 and it was normal.  They have been trying to figure out what was going on with the allergy symptoms and white blood cell count for quite a while but they seem to be stumped.  She has to have a chest xray and asthma testing tomorrow and a biopsy of the black spot next week.  Any ideas?

Thank you,
Lindsay