eraser size red spot on face near eyebrow

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I noticed 2 weeks ago an eraser size light red circle near my left brow.  It is flat and same testure as my skin.  I am concerned about skin cancer.  There is a history of it in my family.  However, none of the pictures I see on the internet look like what I have, I am hoping it is an age spot or sun spot.....any advice?
I cannot confirm anything without examination but it can be contact dermatitis or seborrehic dermatitis. This does not sound like skin cancer.  If it is seborrehic dermatitis then treatment usually involves use of antifungal, anti inflammatory and sebo suppressive or Keratolytic ingredients. Dermatologist also recommends the use of photodynamic therapy which involves the usage of UV- A, UV- B laser and red or blue LED light to inhibit the growth of the yeast and reduces the inflammation.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.