evening primrose oil EPO

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

evening primrose oil EPO

hi i am 24 years old and facing ance problem only before and during menstrual cycle.

heard that taking EPO can help me regulate my hormone and good for acne skin so i start EPO BIO ENHANCED 1000mg. one tablet at night before sleep.

however the next day i will  feel abdominal pain and stomach discomfort (flatulence). no symptoms occur if i stop taking the EPO.

is that normal? any reason for it or anyone else experience the same as me?  
These symptoms can be due to side effect of the pills. Moreover you should not take any medicine without prescription. You can prevent and treat acne by changing your lifestyle like eating proper diet, getting a good amount of sleep and drink at least eight glasses of water daily.  You can also treat acne by cleaning your face regularly, using skincare products, apply antibacterial topical medications. With the help of the doctor, the treatment of oral antibiotics, retinoids, cortisone injections, chemical peels and laser treatment can be your choices.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing

thanks for reply!!!

already stop taking the EPO supplement. feel waste to throw away and i heard that it can be used to apply externally on the breakout sides and wrinkles. is it true?

i have acne problem only before and during mestrual cycle. so i strongly believe that it was due to hormone. i have friend who went for laser treatment. any side effects of it?
You should discuss the pros and cons with a good dermatologist and then go ahead with the laser treatment as post inflammatory hypopigmentation is a common side effect of this treatment.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.