excessive dead skin on palms and feet
Hi, ever since my wife was a little girl the skin on her palms the soles of her feet do not exfoliate correctly.  

They build up really rough and thick.  She sometimes peels the thick skin off in pieces and the skin is smooth underneath.  

Certain times they get really red as well.  Have you ever heard of this disorder?  I would like to find out more if possible.  All the doctors we've been to have not been able to diagnose.  Thank you.
One of the possibilities for your wife’s symptoms is of eczema. Eczema is term for a group of medical conditions that cause the skin to become inflamed or irritated. Topical  medication like mild steroids(hydrocortisone)to higher-potency steroid is frequently prescribed. If the eczema is more severe, phototherapy (a type of treatment that uses light therapy) or systemic (circulates throughout the body) medication like oral steroids may be prescribed.

I suggest you to discuss this possibility with your dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Hey Dr. Kaur,
Thanks for the response.  We have been to the doctors and they're not exactly sure what it is.  They have only been able to recommend exfoliating cream to smooth out the skin.  

I was reading up on eczema and it seems to be a form of rash or irritation, but there is no itching or swelling of the skin.  Although, she was on steroids for an unrelated event and the skin actually started peeling and looking normal.  

Could this possibly be something else that may have similar symptoms to eczema?  

Thanks for you help!