extremely itchy upper legs!!

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

extremely itchy upper legs!!

hello im 21 and about 2 months ago i was in jail and about a week before i got out my butt was starting to get red bumps that were extremely itchy...i thought this would pass over but now its been 2 months and its moved to my thighs my arms and sometimes even my stomach.. of EXTREME itch. sometimes it will even wake me up from a deep sleep and just because the itch is so bad. i have no idea what i should do... can anyone help me please this is effecting me on many levels
Pediculosis,and scabies are inmates in a jail.A single application of permethin helps.Consult your doc.As of now apply calamine,cetizine 1 tab at bedtime.
From the symptoms that you have described,it sounds like a contagious disease like scabies. Scabies is an infestation by the itch mite. Scabies produces small red bumps and blisters and affects specific areas of the body.

It is characterized by intense itching, usually at night and by small insect-type bites lesions on the skin. Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs.

I would suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

hey guys thanks you were right i went to the doctor and she said i have scabies she gave me a perscription to some cream im gunna pick it up tomorrow and ill keep you updated on weather it starts to help/what type of cream she perscribed me to