eyelash pulling

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

eyelash pulling

im am 15 years old and im afraid that i have trichotillomania and i want to stop.i cut my nails down pure low nd put plasters on and everything!but i have a big bald patch in the middle of my eyelashes.will my eyelash hair grow back soon because people in my class ar startin to notice!
use fake eyelashes for now and see a doctor

The loss of eyelashes is completely normal and everybody loses them at some point in time and probably for very different reasons. The different causes can range from anything to constant eye rubbing to an eye infection.

First make yourself aware of the urge to pull out your eyelashes. Once you find what triggers you to start pulling at them, you will be able to stop yourself before you start pulling. If this does not work find something else to pull or tug at that would create less of a problem. Keeping yourself and your hands busy and active doing something else will keep your mind off of pulling at your lashes.

Even applying something like oil or petroleum jelly to lashes will help you to stop because it will make the lashes slippery and it will be more difficult for them to come out.

The good part of all of this is that your lashes will grow back.

You could consult the doctor if this persists.

Let us know if you need any other information.

Regards.