eyelid growth not tumor, not hpv, what can it be?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I've had a growth on my lowed eyelid for many years, which I flattened with my finger since it caused embarrasement, and it made it stick out less, in the last three years it has grown which im sure is due to my touching it alot, it moved into my waterline, I had a bacterial infection last year which cause me to rub my eye with a lid scrub, it seems now that the growth is moving to my upper eyelid as there are 3 seperate bumps along the eyelash region. I went to a ophthalmologist to have it looked at and he said it was papilloma, but that it was not hpv, because it did not have the characteristics of hpv. It is many clear, skin colored, bumps, clustered but flat growth on top of the skin. My question is if its not HPV what can it be? The dermatologist said it will not be cured with anti viral oral or topical meds, nor by boosting immune system and said to get it surgically removed so they can get deep down and take the virus out since it is spreading. He felt that by burning or simply scraping it off it will return. and if left untreated it will continue to grow as well as spread, and im concerned because i dont want it to move into my waterline on the top lid as well. I have a return appointment in a few months, as i didnt have the money to get it removed surgically at the time.
Thank you for your help,
I agree with your dermatologist that it can be a benign skin growth and needs to be removed surgically. After removal, the removed lesion can be sent for skin biopsy which will confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.