eyelid rash?/dryness
Hey :)
I'm a 26 year old female and for a few months now I have had a rectangular patch of dry, flaky skin on my eyelid (measuring about 2cm by 1cm, it really looks like a rectangle)
sometimes its red and sometimes quite itchy.
I havent changed any of my usual products, in fact I've started using eye creams to help soothe the problem and while im at home and overnight I use an antibiotic ointment on it (more because i feel like it helps keep the area moist).
I have been doing this for probably 2 months now and to no avail, the patch is still there, some days looking less flaky, and dry, but its there and i can feel it.

What scares me now is I just found a small circular similar patch on my cheek!
Its less noticable and with lotion can't really be seen, but what is this?
is it spreading??!

and what can i do to treat this area, if i put on any make up the area just flakes and becomes more and more obvious and accentuated with concelear or foundation.

Help!
This sounds like eczema. The skin gets dry and can crack. Their is no cure and it probably will spread. Then one day it will go away as fast as it came. The only thing you can use without a prescription is moisturizer. Find a cream or ointment that works for you. The typical treatment is hydro cortisone but don't use that on your face, it will make the skin thin. Their are a lot of different views on the subject and most doctors act like it is just something you will have to live with. I found that cutting down on sugar and increasing vegetables helps a lot. I have it on and off in the creases of my legs.
I use cetaphil cream or Aveeno. Don't wash the area as this makes it worse. try to use all natural soaps or Dove all natural. Make an appointment with a dermatologist. But it might be gone by the time you see him. Winter is always bad, you might want to get a humidifier, that can help a lot with dry winter air.
Hi! I'm a 31 year old female and have that same "thing" on my left eyelid. I read in different places it's most likely eczema. After trying different moisturizers and petroleum jelly, pure aloe, etc., I stumbled upon Reventin lotion (from Pure Valley or Publishers Clearing House). It immediately soothed the itch and burn, and within weeks of daily application, the rash disappeared without a trace. Two years later (a few weeks ago, actually), I stopped applying Reventin just to see if "it" would come back, and sure enough, it did. So I'm back to using the lotion which seems to be the only thing that works, aside from Rx's, maybe. Hope this helps :)