Dermatology Expert Forum
eyelid rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

eyelid rash
Deb
I have a recurring rash on my eyelid and occasionally beside my nose, always in the same area and on the same side.  Neither of these itches, they just become red and rough, eventually flaking off.  I also have chronic migraines and a great deal of knife-like facial pains, mostly in the lower jaw, but occasionally in the eye area.  First of all, how do I treat this rash, and can these conditions possibly be related?
Deb:

The rash sounds like seborrhea or eczema.  No relation with migraines or pains.  Treatment: over-the-counter hydrocortisone 1% once or twice a day as needed.

Best.  

Dr. Rockoff
Ian
I previously suffered from eczema on my arms and legs, but it has been dormant for at least 10 years now. I now have rash on my eyelids and where my nostrils meet my face (does this make sense??). It itches a lot, periodically, but does not feel like the same incessant eczema itch. It seems extremely itchy closer to my eyelashes rather than just my whole eyelid.

I try to keep my eyelids moisterised, but I have heard that it is not good to put creams on one's eyelid, since this can affect your eyes.

Is hydrocortisone 1% okay for the eyelids.

Thanks for any help (please reply to my eMail - I am desperate).

Ian Wilson
***@****
A related discussion, eyelid rash was started.
A related discussion, Red eye lids and red spots on and around nose was started.