face rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

face rash

My child broke out in a red rash on his face - tested negative for strep - no sign of illness. The red went away and the skin is now very, very dry. The same has happened to my face. What could it be? It is not itchy, it was initially  alittle warm.
Tags: rash, faces, Skin
Avatar n tn
Red Face problems. I too have a problem with RED FACE. My face will turn red and people think I was out in the sun. Is this link to Kidney problems??

This could be allergic reactions to unknown substances, skin hypersensitivity, eczema, dermatitis or sun rash.

Do you notice the lesions trigerred in response to a specific stimulus like sun exposure?

You should try to keep the area dry and clean. Try some powder to absorb the sweat.

Apply calamine lotion at the site and take some oral antihistamine medications for your complaints.

You should use a medicated sun screen when you go out and also try to avoid sun exposure.

If the symptoms are still persistent, consult your dermatologist and get a proper clinical evaluation done.

Let us know if you have any doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Good luck.