Dermatology Community
face rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
Blank Blank

face rash

i am a 50 year old female, i recently broke out with something on my face and neck, on my face its in the area where a guy grows a beard it gets red, hot, itchy and burns, my face feels like its on fire,and you can see a rash and it hurts when i touch my face.i have tried different creams but they seem to make it worse. it will start go clear up but then it flares up again. i don't know it this could be something serious. has anyone ever had this problem or know what it could be?
thank you

This discussion is related to puffy, red, itchy, hot rash on face.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
309783 tn?1271961829
You should see your doctor about this as it may be an allergic reaction. If you develop any other symptoms such as difficulty breathing or swelling of the tongue seek medical attention immediately.
If it is an allergy, the allergen needs to be identified so it can be avoided in the future. Taking an antihistamine such as Piriton may be helpful, and treatment with oral or topical steroids may be indicated. Don't use a steroid cream (like Hydrocortisone) on your face unless instructed to by a doctor.
Facial redness can be a symptom of a condition such as Rosacea, although it is more common to get this on the cheeks and nose. Rosacea can be treated with topical Metronidozole or oral Oxytetracycline.
Redness around the mouth may be peri-oral dermatitis and your doctor can prescribe topical or oral remedies to improve the appearance of this condition.
Use a bland cleanser whilst this persists. The best range I have found is La Roche-Posay. Their Physiological and Toleriane cleansers are suitable for all types of reactive skin. Their Rosaliac cleanser is suitable for facial redness and dilated facial veins.
Eucerin also make a good range called Redness Relief. Clinique have recently brought out a new range called Redness Solutions. All of these products are available online and in stores.
Best Wishes, Eloise.
563773 tn?1374250139

I cannot confirm anything without examination but it sounds like irritant contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.Application of calamine lotion also helps in soothing the skin.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.

If the irritation persists then pls get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.

Post a Comment
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
Top Dermatology Answerers
1340994 tn?1374197577
Raleigh, NC
209987 tn?1451939065
Avatar f tn
Oslo, Norway
4851940 tn?1385441629
United Kingdom