face scar
doc when i was 10 o 11 yrs of age i got a bad skin infection on my whole body in winters because of dryness as my skin iz really sensitive. Then it all got cured but dat left a scar/mark on my rear part of my right chin. its a long 1. i'll be 20 now is there any easy way to get rid of that scar completely??

Please help i'l be thankful really..!!

hi,,There are many treatments available for scarring depending on the persons requirements and suitability. These treatments can be beneficial to varying degrees and your doctor is the best person to decide which is best suitable.

As a general guide the treatment options range from local applications, superficial procedures such as microdermabrasion to lasers and cosmetic surgery. To treat chicken pox scars skin specialists first reduce underlying fibrous adhesions and later  either perform a dermal filler or stimulate new collagen growth with  Non Ablative Laser Rejuvenation.

It will be difficult to recommend a particular treatment to you but there are many options and medicinal products available. The best would be to talk to your doctor and then decide which treatment works best.

It is also important to understand that the skin has its own repair mechanism and gradually the repair would bring significant change. At the same time, medications have their limitations and there is a limit to which they can benefit.

Hope this helped you in some way.

Let us know if you may have any other questions.

Regards
thnx for your reply..!!..but i have heard all these treatments r really expensive & have many side effects ..iz it?