Dermatology Community
facial warts
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

facial warts

I saw a dermatologist who told me I had HPV warts on my face. I have 3 small ones for the past 2 yrs.  He recommended that I have them removed.  I never had a biopsy done to determine this is exactly what I have.  He also never prescribe me any topical cream that may be useful to.  I guess my question are: 1) Should I have a biopsy done to determine HPV warts? 2) Are there any cream that helps eliminate facial warts? 3) How long does it take for facial warts to go away?
Tags: facial
Related Discussions
Hi

Common warts are local growths in the skin caused by Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) infection. Sometimes thread-like wart (filiform warts) may develop on the face. They are generally diagnosed clinically, on the basis of location and appearance. Sometimes a biopsy may be recommended by the doctor to differentiate it from other similar conditions like corn or callus.

You should discuss with you doctor about other treatment options such as removal by freezing (cryotherapy), burning (electrocautery), laser treatment, podofilox solution / gel, or imiquimid cream,  immunotherapy or some vaccine treatment. Several treatment sessions are usually required. The pulse dye laser is a technique for removal, with little incidence of complications like scarring. Other treatments your doctor may use can be use of some immune-stimulator, injections of candida (yeast) or injections of an antibiotic bleomycin (used in cancer therapy).

It should be noted that since warts are caused by a virus, they may recur following attempts at surgical removal. However, they often heal themselves within one- two years.

In any case you should not attempt to remove a wart yourself by cutting, tearing, picking, or any other method.
You should wash your hands thoroughly if you touch the blisters or sores. To avoid spreading the virus to your eyes, you should touch your eyes only after maintaining proper hygiene.

Regards

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank