finger blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

finger blisters

large clear filled blister like at the top of my finger. After it pops the skin comes off and raw meat is exposed, makes no difference if popped or not. once the skin is raised by the fluid that's it. After that a hard skin grows over it  and it cracks. It takes over a month to get rid of it. What is it and what to do to get rid of it.  The size is  1/2 in. by 3/4 in long.

Also suffer from RLS (restless leg syndrome)
For this recurring blister, the possibility of a cyst on the finger should be ruled out. If the bump is painful then herpetic whitlow is to be ruled out. Myxoid cyst is a growth usually occurring on the finger. These cysts are believed to form from deteriorated tissues.

I sincerely advise you to consult a dermatologist and discuss these possibilities with him. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.