finger dots

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

finger dots

Hi, today i noticed on the sides of the first segment(top) of my fingers there are small, pinprick sized brown dots. They are on the right side of my fingers on my right hand and on the left sides of my fingers on my  left hand. The dots don't take up a large area. The average dimensions of the areas are about one to one and a half centimeters in length and 3/4 of a centimeter to one centimeter in width. The dots are not on my thumbs. I don't know what these dots are and i'm concerned. I looked at a few other people in my family's fingers and i found that i'm the only one with them. I asked two members of my family if they could see them and they could not. I can, however, CLEARLY see them and i'm worried. What should i do? Are these dots normal? Should i go see a doctor or stop worrying?

Please help...
You are looking at enlarged normal sweat glands.Not a problem.
Avatar n tn
Oh thank you! I noticed they were gone after I went swimming...