fingernail problems
My cuticles peel,  along with the skin behind my cuticles.  They are also red during this process.  This happens a few times a year and I can't figure out why?  Should I be worried or can it be fixed?  Please help!
Hi and welcome. Are you wearing gloves when this starts to happen or reaching into something as sound like abrasions. Something if irritation that area.
This can be due to contact dermatitis and contact with harsh detergents, soaps and lotions. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used but use it under prescription. Use good quality moisturizers to prevent moisture loss from the skin. During the day, hydrate and protect hands with a protective and moisturizing cream. At night, repair them with creams formulated from glycolic acid. Also avoid direct contact with detergents and soaps.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.