fingers on both hands split open, small raised areas like caluses
I have had skin splitting, and very dry skin flaking on most of my knuckles and sides of my fingers for a few years.  Thumb,index finger and middle finger affected mainly.  I was tested for thyroid imbalance, it was normal.  All other blood tests also came back normal.  I apply hand creme several times a day and this has helped it from becoming so severe that the skin splits open.  Thin, small,crusty, skin bumps have formed on the sides of my fingers, like a calus. The side of fingers closest to thumbs is mainly affected along with most of my finger knuckes.  Only on hands, not feet.  Does anyone have something similar?  treatment? Diagnosis?  Please email me if so.
From the symptoms that you have mentioned, calluses, warts or benign skin lesions like digital papillary adenoma and acquired digital fibrokeratoma need to be ruled out. Apply lots of moisturising lotion and vit E on the hands. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals.

If the symptoms persist then please get an evaluation done by a dermatologist.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.