flakey skin in ear
I have been having an itch in both of my ears, just the part right before it goes into the canal.  Every couple days the skin flakes off.  I also have the same problem with the skin around my left eye, and a part of the outside of my nostril right on the edge.  I use hydrocortosone cream but it doesn't really get ride of it but does help.  Any information would help!

Acute otitis externa, or external otitis may result from too much moisture in the ear canal. The skin inside becomes soggy, diluting the acidity that normally prevents infection. A cut in the lining of the ear canal also can allow bacteria to penetrate your skin. When this happens, bacteria and fungi from contaminated water or from objects placed in your ear can grow and cause this condition. This may be associated with severe pain on moving your outer ear, pain or discomfort in or around your ear, itching, or feeling of fullness , stuffiness in your ear and decreased or muffled hearing.

This condition may also cause the outer ear to appear red with scaly or flaking skin.Are there other signs or symptoms present? It would be best to have this evaluated by your doctor for proper management. An otoscope needs to be used to see the inside o f the ear.

Take care and keep us posted.
I have this same problem with the flakey skin just inside the ear (both sides), on my scalp and next to my eyes and somtimes on the bottom of my nostril.
I have found that the only creams that work are steriod ones but as per normal always advised not to use it next ot your eyes, but you have to.
Current cream is LOCIOD 0.1%
(hydrocortosone cream)
If there is any diets or better solutions to my problems please advise.