flaky scalp
My scalp is dry and flaky. Its visible to the eye by just looking at it. If i shake my head upsaide down it snows like a blizzard. Have tried all dandruff shampoos and no luck. what else can i do...

The main stay of treatment of dimple dandruff are anti-dandruff shampoos. It is usually trial and error finding the one that works for you. Antifungal shampoos containing ketoconazole work well for dandruff and seborrhoeic eczema. They need to be used a few times a week and it may take for as long as six weeks to work. Make sure your diet contains enough vitamins E, B6 and B12, selenium and zinc. If your scalp is not getting better with these treatments, or if there are other symptoms present such as inflammation or pain, a different treatment may be needed. You might need stronger prescription medication by your doctor. Have this checked by your dermatologist for proper management.

Take care and keep us posted.