flat spots in inner thigh.. HELP

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

flat spots in inner thigh.. HELP

About 4 months ago a few flat spots appeared in my inner thigh, the spots do not itch at all or cause any irritation they dont seem to be spreading at a rapid rate I have less then 20 of them and mostly in my inner upper thigh and a few (2-3) in my pelvic area. Im thinking they might be the same amount of spots Ive had since they appeared Im not completely sure. They are almost perfect flat circles of different sizes mostly really small ones? they are pink all the way through and sometimes a darker shad almost brown... The closest I could find similar to my spots online are pityriasis rosea however my boyfriends has these spots as well in the same areas except he has some on his stomach as well, an d PR is said not to be contagious? Just a reminder these spots do NOT itch at all, they seem to get better in the sun but have not gone away, I noticed them in march 2013  Any tips on what this may be? and treatment to remove these spots?
For such kind of spots on the trunk, pityriasis rosea should be ruled out.

Pityriasis rosea is a common human skin disease which presents as numerous patches of pink or red oval rash. The rash may be accompanied by low-grade headache, fever, nausea and fatigue and itching. Topical and oral steroids are needed. Water, sweat, and soap may cause irritation and should be avoided in the disease. Topical zinc oxide and calamine lotion are useful for pruritus.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

have a red spot on upper leg what might it be
Well as previously stated most of the spots are just in my upper thigh none of them actually in my genital area, there's two tiny spots on my lower stomach they seem to have been disappearing due to sun exposure. They have never irritated me , they're are just basically different shades of circlular tiny rashes on my skin.