fleas or something else

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

fleas or something else

Okay long story short I had a short my gf brought home a stray kitten and it slept I'm bed with us ever since then I've been getting red itch bumps all over my body(mainly back of upper legs and thighs) some on the ankles and some on the chest I took the cat to the vet and had it defleaed sprayed the house the bumps kept coming tho. And today I noticed a few on my penis. The ones on my penis alarmed me do you think this fleas still or some sort of STD. I haven't had sex in over 4 months and haven't noticed any sort of symptoms bumps on my penis before the cat. I'm going to a Dermeatolgist tomorrow. Wanted another opinion.
I think it's from the cat.  Cats can have other problems besides fleas, too.  
Mites is what I was diagnosed with I know its not sexually transmitted tho I haven't had sex in awhile. I got some cream 3rd day of six no real changes. Any advice