foot fungus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

foot fungus

I had a culture done on my toe and I have Aspergillus (aspergillosis) Niger fungus on my toenails.. I believe I may have gotten it gardening  (with my injured toenails).  I have been treating it for 2 months with soaks and lamisil cream....why when I put the anti-fungus creams on my feet do  my feet feel like someing is crawling all over them and ...Is this fungus a bug and does it bite as it feels like something is crawling between toes and biting sensations,..  Whe I take off my socks in the morning, sometimes I see black specs all over my toe area...what is that..someone said dead fungus.... thank  you..

Can you shed some light on this type of fungus....

Thank you...

This could be a fungal infection. Athlete's foot, also called tinea pedis, is a fungal infection of the feet. Most people want to avoid athlete's foot because it is uncomfortable and unsightly. Left untreated, the Trichophyton and Epidermophyton organisms which cause it can spread to other parts of the body.

By keeping the feet clean and dry, you can avoid athlete's foot infection rather effectively. Socks made from cotton and other materials which will wick moisture away from the foot should be worn, along with shoes made from leather and similar breathable materials. People who sweat a great deal may want to consider changing socks more than once a day to avoid athlete's foot, and using a foot powder to reduce perspiration. Shoes or sandals should also be worn in common areas, especially moist ones where the fungus will thrive.

Many people actually carry the fungus on their feet all the time, but do not develop an infection because they keep their feet clean and dry. Although the name suggests otherwise, the infection can happen to anyone, not just athletes, although people who frequent areas like pools and gyms may be more likely to pick up the fungus and have moist, warm feet for the fungus to grow on. If athlete's foot is detected, take steps to eradicate it quickly. It can lead to increasing discomfort on the part of the foot's owner. Ultimately, the nails of the foot will also become infected, and they may fall off.

To avoid athlete's foot reinfection, there are also a few steps which can be taken. It is possible to reinfect yourself with the fungus, or to spread it to other areas of the body. On other body parts, it is more commonly known as ringworm. The bedding of anyone with athlete's foot should be washed frequently, and floors that their feet come in contact with should also be washed. Shoes worn by the patient should be aired out completely before being worn again, and the use of an enzymatic cleaner or fungicide may help to ensure that the fungus is entirely gone. Socks should be washed and completely dried all the time to avoid athlete's foot, but especially in the case of an active infection.

Regards.
I agree. This sounds like a foot fungus or similar kind of infection to me. You should see your doctor right away.