Dermatology Expert Forum
fordce spot or herpes
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fordce spot or herpes

Hi i develop this something like fordyce spot on my lips after i had sex with my bf, had sore throat and swollen lymph nodes...its already 3 months since i got this like "fordyce" spot on my lips sometimes it itch and feel like it was burning.. can you please tell me what is this? my doctor says it doesn't look like herpes, but my concern is i already had fever way back ...and had sore throat ... for sometimes i still have swollen tonsillitis..but no cold sores, or any blisters on the skin... but i only experiencing some random like insect bites on my body.
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
Thanks for posting your query.
Swollen lymph node is found in case of an infection. Since you have a sore throat and a rash on the body, most likely it is a viral sore throat causing swollen lymphadenopathy and viral rashes. However for the small bumps on the lips, since it has been present for 3 months, it is less likely to be herpes sores which presents as a blister or as multiple blisters on or around affected areas.

To completely rule out HSV 1, it is diagnosed with lab tests, including DNA -- or PCR -- tests and virus cultures.

Drink plenty of water and take multivitamin supplements and do not apply lipstick or other cosmetic products for some days. Use a humidifier to moisturize the air in your home and apply shea butter or Vaseline on your lips.
Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Wishing you good health.

Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank