Aa
A
A
Close
fungal infections
I have suffered from fungal infections on my groin, scrotum, and butt and anus for over two years now. I have used oxytate(spelling), clotrimazole, ketoconazole, store bought brands, powders, a lot. I even use clobetasol propionate once or twice a week on areas. Fungal infections seem to go away sometimes but come back very easily and usually are there in some capacity. I have had intense itching in or around anus, at night especially sometimes. I work out a lot and sweat a lot but clean myself and shower and powder myself all the time. My wife and i are considering having a new baby and a gonna start trying within days. Should i be worried about all the creams and ointments i have put on my body? Infection is kinda under control right now but flare ups happen almost everytime i work out. I am scared of the steroid clobetasol propionate affecting my sperm since i have used it on my groin, scrotum and anus recently. I have been on average using it once or twice a week down there alon or twog with ketoconazole everyday for month or two. Should i be worried about any bad things happening to my sperm or body? One more thing, i noticed when i sweat i have had my ph balance affected by the ketoconazole. I sweat and get a very bad sweat smell but way worse.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
563773 tn?1374250139
Hello
Various reasons for recurrent or persistent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance, co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. Treatment resistance can be overcome by applying a cream with a combination of antifungals (Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1% and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%) or using oral antifungals under a doctor’s guidance. You should get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get your blood sugar levels checked.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources