fungus butt cracks

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

fungus butt cracks

My nephew 10 yrs old has redness around the butt cracks and we took him to docs and they give him different types of cortizone and so on... but nothing could fix it.  its been going on for more than a year.  he was takend to a dermatologist they took a sample send to lab and came back negative.  I don't konw what else to do.  could it be dangerous.  can some one help.  thanks,

This discussion is related to Butt Crack irritation.
Tags: fungus
Avatar n tn
A short while ago several children that went to a daycare caught a fuungus infection. They tried to treat the infection with topical medications. It took steroids, a medication named Griseofulvin and a shampoo/body wash named ketoconazole 2%.

I am not sure this will help, but contact a dermatologist and ask about this method. The topical creams seemed to only feed the problem, not cure it.