fungus on toes?
I have had this problem on and off for about 15 years but it came back witha vengeance when I had a baby last year. I am 41 and got (i assume) toenail fungus from rollerblading in my 20's. Had no idea what it was and it wasn't that bad back then, but it now also affects some of my toes. The skin gets thickand there are spots that are dark like blood but I dont think they are. The skin is dead and you can pick it off but that isnt a good idea cause it hurts later and doesn't cure anything.
I have tried athletes foot spray, vinegar and peroxide soaks, salt water, anything. Usually it just hurts. I also sometimes have cracks in my heels and fingertips. No heel cracks right now thankfully but pretty bad fingertip ones. It does correspond to stress level and overall healthy living a bit but lately nothing nothing is helping. So Help!!!!
                     Sarahp9669
Firstly we need to confirm whether it is a toe fungus infection. For confirmation you need to get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done and fungal culture of these scrapings. Most cases of fungal infections respond to over-the-counter products, which contain any of several basic ingredients: miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. You can consult a pharmacist and get any cream or lotion containing these ingredients. If the symptoms persist then please get it evaluated from a dermatologist.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.