glicolic acid reaction

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

glicolic acid reaction

If it was reaction to acid why happend after 2 days? I did glycolic acid application on my client 20% for 2 min .every thing was fine in my office .
She called 2 days later which,The day after treatment her face was red ,redness happens.2 days after face was alittle red and puffy skin ,which is upper check under eyes.I told her to go get anti hystamin from her doctor.Any idea why it happend after 2 days?
Glycolic acid makes skin more sensitive to sunburn, so application of glycolic acid should always be followed up with sunscreen. If your client had not applied any sunscreen before ging out in the sun it can cause photodermatitis.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your dermatologist. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for reply,I did the application evening and i applyed sunblock.We live in vancouver canada and winter here is all rainy and cloudy. I donot think it is from sun.I think may be she applyed or she have had some thing to eat or drink alchohol too much.