glycolic reaction- HELP

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

glycolic reaction- HELP

My 26 year old daughter borrowed some of my glycolic lotion (Glytone) 17.5% free acitd volume. Her chin area is red with puss pockets everywhere. Has anyone had a reaction like this and is there something that can be done to help it heal faster? Her face hurts and she does not want to be seen in public.

Thank you in advance.

This discussion is related to Permanent damage from glycolic acid?.
It looks like an allergic reaction to the cream. she should eep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also ask her to use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment and oral antiallergic drugs are also useful. In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed. Please consult a dermatologist in that case.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.