golfers vasculitis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

golfers vasculitis

i have the condition golfers vasculitis that i get on the golf course .  on several occasions i have also felt that i am getting sick.  flu like.  I usually fine  the next day even though the rash can last for a few days.   in reading articles i haven't seen anyone reporting feeling sick with the rash.  i thought it was chemicals but i did hiking in Petra and had the same rash on my legs but didn't feel sick.  was curious to know if there is anything to take for this condition.  thanks, peggy
Golfer’s vasculitis is a red rash on the calves of many walkers. It often starts above the sock line and makes red patches and splotches up the calf. In that case, taking bath with cold water after staying in the sun or applying cold wet towels may help.

If your legs are itchy during or after exercise, with no relation to heat, you may have exercise urticaria.In such cases, antihistaminics and not exercising on warm or humid days may help.

You may apply calamine lotion and cool compresses on the rash. It may help. You may also take some OTC  antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.