DERMATOLOGY
COMMUNITY
got a burn from dettol
by strawberriesandsunshine, May 19, 2008
I got a burn about a size of a cotton ball from applying dettol on my insect bite. the dark spot where I put a concentrated amount hurts when touched but the part of my skin with just a little dettol doesn't hurt and has red marks. Is applying panderm on it ok? Will applying petroleum jelly will speeden up the healing process? Will the marks eventually fade as if nothing ever happened? Please help!
Member Comments (13)
by j_id2009, Aug 21, 2008
I burnt my cheeks when i applied dettol, i need help because i wnat to know if my wound will be healed or not. I live in the U.S.A. and i went to the hospital they gave me some creapy oinment that didn't even work
Please Help Me!
by loiloi, Aug 22, 2008
Hi. I wouldn't apply undiluted Dettol to your face. Use bland products such as those by Eucerin or La Roche-Posay until the skin is no longer sensitized. Vaseline or Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream may help. What preparation did the hospital give you and how long did you use it for? It may take some time for this to heal up so be patient.
Eloise.
by ants234, Dec 14, 2008
Hi, I used undiluted dettol on the acne on my face 6-7 years back, however that area has become extremely sensitive and gets red sometimes, the skin also peels from there. My face has become darker than the rest of my body.
I have been to the dematologists but they couldn't suggest a permanent cure.
Is there any remedy to this?? Please help
by blondiepp, Mar 29, 2009
I have the same problem
Just take some benadryl allergies pills
and Wash ur face 3-4 times a day with dove soap for sensitive skin
by dettol_on_acne, May 18, 2009
I applied concentrated dettol on my face on a big pimple and there is no trace of any burns. This was 25 years ago. At that time though I got scared because the pimple did look black. I still don't know if the pimple looked black because of the dettol or because it was naturally black. I had fair skin too so it was not pretty to look at. But believe me it does not leave any permanent damage.
by 2love111, Sep 23, 2010
I burned my face a few weeks ago on my chin and it began to peel but now its red will the redness ever go away?
by ckp921, Apr 12, 2011
well , der r surgeries for eg- skin grafting , replacing of da dead cells in ur face n renewing it , bt u want easy way follow da steps -
Step 1- Apply ice on da affected area till it melts , apply 2 ice cubes a day
Step2- After applying ice use fresh aloe vera
Step 3 - mix garlic juice n lemon juice n apply it on ur skin
Step 4- Use a lotion along with cream like vaseline
Step 5- Then use Ice again , 1 ice cube , ENOUGH !
Step 6 - Use aloe vera along vth tomato juice for 20 mins , let it stand

Dat's it , follow these step 1 by 1 daily n den tell meh !

by maryaa, Feb 08, 2012
ckp921  
hye.. can i apply these steps on my pimple?
by EllieinOz, Feb 10, 2012
Hi, I did the same thing yesterday.  Did the dark spot ever heal and fade?