Dermatology Community
groin rash
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

groin rash

About 2 years ago I went to a mens spa and two days later my groin and inner seam of my legs turned a bright red colour. Within the following week, I felt like a flu was coming on (weak feeling and a bit of a scratchy throat.  I took some cold and flu and those symptoms went away, except for the red rash.  My fat gland on the left side swelled up.  I went to the Doctor and was prescribed Loprox CRM + EMO Cort and antibiotics for the gland.  The rash and gland did not go away with this treatment.  The fat gland was opened up and drained.  

I was sent to a Dermatologist who prescribed 1% Clindamycin in Elidel cream for the morning and Protopic Ointment .1% for the evening.  During that period, I have had small pimples come and go (within a few days) on my legs, thighs and buttocks. I have also recently have developed a rash on my chest and face (same colour as the groin rash and feels hot).

Other observations:
I have red veins on the groin and one vein on each side of my inner thigh
The groin rash seems to subside during the evenings (the red fades but the red veins remain)
With the latest creams, it felt like it was getting a little better before the chest and face rash.

I hope that someone has seen this and can help me as I feel kind of desperate for a cure.