Dermatology Expert Forum
growing bumps...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

growing bumps...

Since the past two months.. during the July 2007 i started to noticing small bumps growing below the head line of my penis... to the right side of head ring.. and at first i though it was going to go away.. so it when by.. and it keep growing until this day september.. like a big bumb with little bumps all together forming a big bump.. and now i noticed that they are like spreading some around the left side.. and at first it didnt bother me or irritate me.. but now it just getting irritated and sometimes i kind of feel disconfort...so now it got my self worry.. now im scared to go have sex with my embarrising penis.. and im berly 19 and i want to know if i need to see a doctor about it.. or if is it bad.. like heirpis... or some other infection.. well hope yall came help me out pls..  
Yes, you should see a doctor, not because it's serious and contagious, but because it almost certainly isn't, and only way you're going to know that for sure is to have a skin doctor take a look.  Nothing to be embarrassed about.  Lots of people have bumps on the penis like the ones you describe, so go and find out if yours are normal too.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
See a dermatologist about yeast infections, or HPV, or Fordyces condition (which is not contagious)