Dermatology Expert Forum
growth in scrotum

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

growth in scrotum

Dear Dr.

I am 25 years old male. I have had small growth on the scrotum for about a year..maybe more. I didn't really cared about it much before. It didn't change size. It kinda looks like a pimple. It has a smooth not ruff texture to it and if i squeeze it nothing comes out of it. It is a little bit smaller than the size of a pencil eraser. Recently, I scratched it but nothing came out. It just blead a little bit. The area is now a little scared and it seems to be flatter. my question is could this be a wart? If it is should it grow back in size or could it just stay flat as it is now? how fast will it grow back? If it isn't a wart do u any thoughts to what it may be? are there pimples or cysys that do not have a fluid or some kind of puss inside? If it doesn't grow back or spread does this mean it isnt' wart? thanks a lot
Cysts are much more common on the scrotum than warts.  I think this is a cyst--small ones don't have visible pus inside.  You should show a doctor to be sure, just so you don't have to worry.  But you are probably best off just leaving it there.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
I've been getting this weird rashes close to my testacle area.
and i've was just wondering if y'all could help figure out what it is. Because my girlfriend doesnt feel comfortable having an intercourse with me. Theres is also that i thought that putting lotion on itwould help but its only increased.
I have found that I have a bump at the bottom of my scrotum right in the middle of my right thigh and bottom of scrotum sack.  It has gotten a little bigger over the last couple of days and causes a little discomfort with walking.  I thought it could be testicular cancer but it isn't on my testicles at all.  I keep wondering if maybe it could be a pimple but there aren't any kind of white heads or anything, just a lump a little smaller than the size of baby corn.  Can you help me?  I am very scared!