Dermatology Expert Forum
growth on eyelid

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

growth on eyelid
I have a small white bubble like growth on the bottom rim of my lower left eyelid. It is located above the eyelash but not inside the eyelid. It appeared 6 months ago and was about 1 millimeter but now is 2 millimeters in diameter and 1 millimeter in height. I have graves disease that was treated with RAI and now on Thyroid medication. I am 40 years old in okay health. Family tree is full of autoimmune disorders.
J.
In all probability, this is a cyst.  They are commmon on the lids.  You should show your doctor, who may recommend an eye or skin doctor for consultation.  Most likely you won't have to get rid of it unless you want to, but burning small cysts off is easy and safe, even on the eyelid.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
A related discussion, eyelid was started.