gypsiecup
anyone heard of Erythema Multiforme? Basically its an allergic reaction to a prescription drug ie. an atibiotic, or a virus.  It causes the burn looking spots with a puffy border, i have three of them and was diagnosed with the EM due to taking a prescript of Bactrim. My question is, i had the same EM reaction last year,, and this time in the same spots....doctors are baffled by the fact an allergic reaction targeted the same saying its unusual.
hi i am from South africa, i had erythema multiforme from the year 2000- 2005- the same spots and the same places all the skin doctors could not help i researched my own - and found out that it was antibiotics an mainly- avelon- which i had taken intravenous- stop all anti- biotics

Zai....

Erythema multiforme may have a mild to severe presentation. This disease process may resolve spontaneously without any medical intervention.In most cases, this may be due to an underlying bacterial or viral infection.Immune factors have also been implicated.

The lesions of erythema multiforme  do have predilections on certain parts of the body such as the hands and feet.But the presentation may be severe, such that emergent intervention is necessary.

For more information on erythema multiforme here is a suggested reading:

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20061201/1883.pdf