haematoma after inguinal hernia repair

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

haematoma after inguinal hernia repair

i had inguinal hernia operation 10 days ago from both sides.after one week i felt some discomfort on my right side.doctor advised me that l have developed a haematoma above the puplic tubercle.it is extremely uncomfortable and sometimes painfull especially lf l walk or stood up for a long time.Doktor tried to drain but no fluid came out .What is haematoma?is it normal after surgery?how long would it take to heal and dissapear?Did anybody have the same problem.Help please.I am so unhappy at the moment
Sometimes we can find hematoma after inguinal hernia surgery. a hematoma is a collection of blood outside of a blood vessel. This hematoma needs to be drained as it might undergo calcification and then may be more troublesome. I suggest you to consult your operating surgeon and get it drained.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Dear Mrs Kaur
Thanks for your kind comments.Today is nearly 15 days since l had an hernia operation but hematoma still there still the same size and sometimes painfull.Made an appontment to see my operating surgeon on 8 th april.will let you know the development
kind regards
gurkan celensu
Dear Mrs Kaur
As i said on my previous message seen my operating surgeon on 8th april.he checked hematoma on the right side and said that it is now smaller but to me it is not smaller but bigger also noticed small one on the other side as well.He said these should dissapear themsel in time ans asked me to go and see him 6 weeks time.It is still painfull when l am walking or standing long.Should l wait another six weeks or ask for 2 nd opinion.Would appreciate your view in this matter
Best Regards
Gurkan Celensu
Manchester-England
You can wait for the time that your surgeon has advised. Application of warm compresses, mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are helpful. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a surgeon.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Mant thanks again for your kind and promp answer.Will fallow your advise and let you know my progress
Regards
Gurkan Celensu