Dermatology Expert Forum
hair follicle on penis

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

hair follicle on penis

About 2 weeks ago I noticed that one of the hair follicles on my penis (which i have alot of) was rather dominate and it was kind of bothering me so i started to mess with it. It is located on the underside about where the hair starts to thin going up my shaft. I squeezed it pretty hair and a bunch of pus came out. I now realize that this was a bad idea. Well the next day it was very red and irritated and had formed a white head. I squeezed it again to get the remaining pus out. Well now about 2 weeks later the spot is still red and there is a big bump there. It appears to have pretty much healed cause it isn't sore anymore but it is rather unslightly. I was wondering if you think there is a problem there and what I should do about it or if there is anything I can do to make it heal faster or get rid of the bump. There is no pain in the spot just a kind of hard like bump that is pinkish red. This kind of has me worried because its on my penis. I can't tell if theres anymore pus in it or not cause I am kind of afraid to keep messing with it. Confused and not sure what to do. I was reading online about follicle scaring and thoguht that might be the situation but im not sure. How long will it take for my skin to return to normal. Thanks
No harm done.  What you squeezed was probably a cyst, which is common (and normal) on the penis, and has white stuff inside that looks like pus.  I advise you to not worry and leave the area alone, and show it to a doctor next time you go, for confirmation.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
Is it very common to have hair follicules on the penis.
I have it on the bottom all over and then on the top a fair bit
only a few have hairs but its really unsightly and i have had them for a while
I was wondering if they will ever go iam only 16 years old will/ should they ever go as ive had them for atleast 1-2 years.
A related discussion, itchy anus, penis peeling was started.
A related discussion, Hair Follicle bumps on penis was started.
A related discussion, Genital warts or folliculitis was started.