Dermatology Expert Forum
hair loss

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

hair loss
I'm a 36 year old female with hair loss for about one year now.I had a lot of stress before all.The oily ,the burning and the diffuse hair loss start at the same time.I have some regrowth but the little hair fall as well.I never had greasy scalp before.Please help!thank you in advence for your reply!
Hard to answer without seeing you, Mini.  But I can say that serious, irreversible hair loss is very unlikely at your age.  I would get some shampoo containing the ingredient zinc pyrithione (ask your druggist) and use that while waiting for an appointment with a skin specialist.  And don't tear your hair out!

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
For thin hair,use "the brush" its a brush that removes dead skin,etc
http://www.thebrush.com
I too am having severe hair loss for no explained reason. I am only 45 and have been loosing my hair for one year, mostly in the last 3 months. I have been to different specialists and have tried everything. Nothing is working and it is getting worse. I have had my blood drawn for every concievable diagnosis and I am negetive for everything. I am lost and very discouraged. If any one can help. please do. Susie
A related discussion, How are things? was started.