Dermatology Expert Forum
hair
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hair

My 3-month old son has hair in his moustache area on his face. I was wondering if this is something that will be permanent or not. If it will be, is there anything that can be done to either remove or bleach that hair, without any risk of hurting his skin or of it growing back stronger? I am aware of what's out there, but I was wondering if there is a natural remedy for this.
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Interesting question--basically, I don't know.  Scalp hair in newborns often falls out and regrows later.  Some babies are born with lanugo hairs all over--these are usually fine and pale, but can be dark and coarse.  These fall out soon after birth.  I can't recall ever seeing a baby with a permanent mustache, though.  I think you'll have to wait and see, but permanence seems unlikely.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers