hard bump on pointer finger half inch above nail
there is a hard bump on my finger,under the skin, the size of a pea,the skin was good ,but then I tried to poke at it with a needle. It could not be poked to draw blood. I then bought compound w and have been applying that for a week which has turned the bump white. the top white layer comes off which I believe is the compund w. The bump is still there. I also have been putting a bandade on it . It looks alittle bigger , but I could be because it stands out more since I messed with it. I have no medical insurance ,and worry about my finger everyday. Any advice out there? Any doctors out there have an idea of what it might be ? Thank you

Two possibilities are there.Firstly,it can be a corn or callus. Second possibility is of myxoid cyst.It is a growth usually occurring on the finger. These cysts are believed to form from deteriorated tissues.

For calluses of hand,pls apply lots of moisturing lotion and vit E on the hands. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet or hands in warm soapy water to soften calluses.Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

If still the calluses persist,then pls go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep us posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your advice :)   I stopped using the compound w that stuff was just eatting the top skin away and now the top skin has healed ,but looks like a light pink bump circle and if I bend my finger it looks like a white bump. The bump is still there I've even tried to smother with a bandade,but no luck. I then asked my sister to ask someone at her work a hospital,and a nurse told me over the phone I probably have a hair stuck under the skin and I should soak my finger in baking soda,and salt. This nurse has not seen my finger. I am thinking it must be a cyst because this bump is under the skin and is hard and does not move. I just want it gone. Maybe I should call a surgeon and ask how much for him to remove. Maybe it can be an in office procedure. Wish me luck and I will let you know the outcome of my poor finger . I am going to look up cysts now   Take care and thank you so much for writing to me :)  It really means alot to me .
I made a doctors apt for monday ,and strange my bump on my finger is starting to go away on it's own. I now plan on canceling my apt,and if it gets worse I will then go to the doctors. Thanks again for your advice:)
I had corns on my feet fingers
Now corn left on feet third finger
But my all fingers become black
Please tell me what to do
I'm too much upset
Even I can't wear open shoe