hard lump by groin area
Hey all. I just noticed this today in the shower. I have a hard lump slightly smaller than a penny, on the very inner thigh groin area. I've never come across anything like this in my life and I am a little freaked out. Its kinda painful, more of an annoyance. I can feel it when i shift my weight or walk. I practice safe sex, and get regular check ups twice a year. Should I go in? or leave it alone for a few days. Is there any cream or anything you guys would suggest to use? Any help would be appreciated.
This kind of bump can be a swollen lymph node, a sebaceous cyst or a boil. Apply warm compresses, Neosporin ointment and calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You can take anti-inflammatory pain killers like ibuprofen or acetaminophen. If the lump persists then it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist. Sebaceous cyst and swollen lymph node have to be evaluated.

I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.

i am 14 yrs. old i have a lump under my armpit. Its not that big or anything but its very painful. I cant sleep right and i have little hard bumps on my stomach as well. The bump on my armpit is not visible. I keep hot rags on it and i keep it clean. What should i do?