hard painful lump on vagina

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hard painful lump on vagina

hi, i'm 16. ha. i have this hard painful lump on my vagina and i don't know what it is. i really want to know what it is, but i'm too like worried to tell my mom. so i decided to come on here for help. this lump is the shape of a tiny peice of paper bundled up into a log shaped ball, if that makes any sense.. the lump hurts when i touch me. i really want to know what this is..if it isn't serious, than i'm not going to tell my mom. so please, tell me what this is. thanks.
it sounds like a cyst. you might actually need a doctor to treat it as a cyst is an infection underneath the surface of your skin. do not try to pop or poke it. that can lead to a nasty infection and possible scarring and long term pain.
I have had this twice and yes it hurts but it will go away it's a blocked gland. Take hot baths and soak your bottem it will help break it up and drain it,everyday I tried to pop it and the hot baths really helped move things along and when it pops the pain is GONE! Sounds gross but you need to try and pop it and like I said earlier the hot baths help, I called the doctor for this and this is what he told me to do and know this when it does finally pop it will be puss at first then bleed a bit very normal, hope this helps good luck and I'm a mom myself dont be afraid to talk to your mother that's what she's there for.

From your symptoms,it looks like a boil or folliculitis.Other possibility is of Bartholin's abscess or cyst. There are glands in the vaginal lips called Bartholin’s glands. These can become swollen and painful and an abscess can form. Other possibilities are sebaceous cysts (accumulations of secretions that can occur anywhere on the skin or mucosal surfaces) or lipomas (fatty deposits) .

Boils are caused by infection of the hair follicle by staph aureus. Apply warm compresses on the boil and keep the area clean.Drainage of the boil is done only when it becomes soft and forms a head.Take some over the counter pain reliever like ibuprofen.severe symptoms may require antibiotics prescription.If symptoms persist then it is best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.