hard pea sized lump under skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hard pea sized lump under skin

hello, I'm writing to help calm my mind till i can see a doctor if need be next week about the situation.
Im a 29 yr old male, that has recently found a pea sized lump under the skin of my perineum (taint) it doesnt seem to be growing over the past few days (when it showed up) I noticed it because i had a itch on the spot, it doesnt itch now, or hurt, no heat on the area.

any ideas on what it could be would be great, i realize if it doesnt go away by the weekend i should go see my doctor but if it might go away on its own then why waste the $120 i dont have, you know?
thanks in advance.
This kind of lump can be a sebaceous cyst,infected hair follicle, hemorrhoid or HPV wart. Sebaceous cyst is a closed sac or cyst below the surface of the skin that fills with a fatty white, semi-solid material called sebum produced by sebaceous glands of the epidermis.It is usually painless.

What exactly it is can be confirmed only after examination.I sincerely suggest you to get an examination done by a dermatologist.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.Kind regards.