hard small bump on bottom of foot

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hard small bump on bottom of foot

I have a hard small rounded bump, tag or area, on the bottom left side below the ball of the foot.It is only a It doesn't have any color and was hurting when I walked. I was finally able to pick it off and then it didn't hurt when I walked and I thought it was gone. Now it seems like it is still there just flatter. I dont' know if it is couple of millimeters in diameter a type of callus or what do you think it is? Is it anything important enough that I need to have someone look at it?
thank you,
mkh9
Avatar dr f tn
I cannot confirm anything without a clinical examination .The few possibilities of this hard small rounded bump on bottom of foot can be due to wart, cyst or callus. Plantar warts grow on the plantar, or bottom surface of the foot. They usually tend to be found in areas of pressure such as the heel and ball of the foot. Plantar warts grow into the deeper layers of skin because of the pressure they receive because of their location. Warts may go away on their own but if it is causing severe pain then treatment may be needed to lessen symptoms. Keep your feet dry. Plantar fibromas are usually seen arising from the plantar fascia. When they become very large or develop pain it may need treatment. Calluses on bottom of the feet can be very painful at times. These are only a few possibilities. A clinical examination is very important for accurate diagnosis.
Take care and regards!
Avatar dr f tn
Take care and regards!
Thank you very much. I think it may be a callus but I'm not sure.
mkh9