hard sore lump on side of face

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

hard sore lump on side of face

about three-four weeks ago i notice a small little bump on the side of my face, up towards my eye but basically on my cheeckbone. it was about the size of a pea and didn't hurt when i touched it so i just left it and thought it might go away. it was there for a while and nothing happened to it until the other day, maybe three days ago, i noticed the lump was going down but i could feel under the skin that it was turning into a wider but less raised area under where the bump was. basically the raised little spot has gone away and is now a sore hard lump about a centimetre in diameter still under my skin. it is sore when i touch it, like when you get those really deep red pimples and you touch them. i'm not sure whether this means its going away or what it would be or what i should do.

thanks