head scabs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

head scabs

for about 2 years now i have been getting these random scabs on my head. i'll feel through my hair and feel these bumpy scabs. i've found them all over, like in different places on my head. their usually on the lower back part of my head, but just today i found one on top of my head ( this one is really sore!!) i can't stand them so i pick them off. they hurt when i pick at them and they sometimes bleed. they vary in size, some are small while others i've found are huge. i've read that it may be psoriasis but im not sure. does anyone have any idea on what they could be?
I cant see the lesions that you describe, but what you are describing could be ringworm of your scalp, which has crusty lesions of any size. Picking the scabs off is not advisable. Also, if it IS tinea, it can be spread by your hands to other parts of your scalp or body, and to others. Keep your hands clean! If it was my scalp, I'd seek my Family MD to look at it and maybe take a tiny scraping of it, then you will know for sure. Just a guess, like i said, I can't see it from here.
Well I've never had it spread before and I know what ringworm looks like and I don't think it's that. Any other ideas?
I'm having the same problem if you still check this thing can u tell me how you got rid of them :( Mine hurt alot and started out above my neck on my hair line and now I have them on the top of my head.